Time to move!

Well, we got the dreaded letter...the office at our apartment complex sent us a lovely letter saying that our lease is up at the end of October, and they're raising our rent. It's only $30 a month more, but with me not working, it's difficult to keep up with all the bills as it is, without adding more to the rent. But, it's alright, Jay and I have decided we want a fresh start anyway, in "our own place". We took over the lease here almost two years ago from my sister-in-law, and even though we've lived here for that long, we still want to have that experience of moving into our first home, one that we picked out together. I don't know, maybe I'm just silly.

So anyway, the hunt has begun. It's going to be tricky, because there aren't many options within our price range (we've got a really good deal right now for the size apartment we have), and we also have 5 cats and a rabbit, so it's going to be hard to find a place that will let us bring all the animals.

So far I've been pretty lucky. I found 2 places that will take our pets, one is an apartment that's just a smidge smaller than our place now, but still has the required 2 bedrooms, and 1.5 bath. That place is about 5 miles from us, but much closer to the highway. The other place is a townhome just north of here, also close to the highway. I found the ad for that one on Craigslist (it's a community though, not just a single townhome for rent), so I'm still trying to contact the leasing agent to figure out all the details.

I've also found a couple houses for rent, the only problem with that is that they probably won't still be available when we get ready to move, so I'm going to have to do some more looking in a month or so.

Well, I'm off to hunt again, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment