Halfway, thank goodness!

So, I'm working on 4 classes at the moment...I'm really starting to feel it now! I'm halfway through week 4, and my motivation is waning. I'm still getting the work done, don't get me wrong, it's just finding the will to do it is becoming increasingly difficult. Just gotta make it through the first week in October, then I drop from 4 classes, down to one, and it's economics...different section, same professor, which will make the last half of the semester much more tolerable. I'm loving my economics class (scary, huh?) because the professor is awesome. He's fresh out of grad school, laid back, and a total nut. But he teaches in a way that's easy to learn. He uses real life examples to teach us the concepts, and I'm not talking about real life examples we'll face in the working world. I'm talking about "A bottle of tequila costs $20, and a box of lemon drops costs $2. You have a budget of $70. How many bottles of tequila and how many boxes of lemon drops should you purchase to maximize your satisfaction within your budget constraints?" Ok, so it's a little more involved than it sounds, but I remember that a lot better than examples most professors would give. He also tells random stories, and most of the time has the entire class laughing hysterically. For example:

My buddy is a hunter. He hunts squirrels and things. I don't know why, he just does. He takes his dog with him; the dog chases out the squirrels, and he shoots them. So he was out with his dog one day, hunting. He had already gotten a lot of squirrels, when he got the feeling he was being watched. He walked around a bit more, looking for more squirrels, but couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched. So he slowly turned around, and there was a black bear, about 30 feet away, staring at him. He didn't run, because he didn't want to get chased, but he was still a couple miles away from his truck, he wouldn't be able to make it anyway. He started backing away slowly, when all of a sudden the bear started charging him. All the while he's praying "God, please let this bear have some Christian values, so he won't kill me!" So the bear finally reaches him, the guy's down on the ground, scared, and still praying. The bear rears up with his front legs outstretched, and roars. Then the bear stopped...bowed his head...and said "Lord, please bless this food that I am about to eat..."



Anyway, my college transfer success class is still bugging me. This past week, we had that life plan assignment due. Once I stopped pulling my hair out and clawing at the walls, I got it done, and accessed the website for the class to upload the assignment. Only the option to upload wasn't there. So, I waited a day or two, since I finished the assignment early, I had some time before it had to be turned in. When I checked again, the link still wasn't there to upload my file. So Thursday night (the assignment was due Sunday night), I emailed the professor and she said "the link is there, if you don't see it, call me." So I called, and left a message, and never got a call back. Some of my classmates and I were discussing the issue on the discussion board for the class, and decided to email the assignment if the link wasn't available by Sunday afternoon. I took one last look at the assignment page, the link still wasn't there, but I noticed that the due date in the system showed Saturday, September 5, 2009. This particular system does not accept assignments after the due date, which is why we couldn't upload our assignments! So the life plan assignment and upload link was included with this week's assignments, but not a word from the prof, no "oops, sorry, try again" or anything, just the link. Oh well, 4 weeks and I'll be rid of that class.

On a bipolar note...I added another medicine to my drug cocktail about a month ago, and I think it's working. It was a bit iffy, because it is an anti-depressant, and in patients with bipolar disorder, there must be a careful balance between anti-manic and anti-depressant meds, because too much of either can be...well, bad, for lack of a better word. Anyway, I'm actually feeling emotion again, which I think is pretty nifty!! I noticed it while watching tv. For the longest time, I would watch, but had no real emotional response to what I was watching (which I used to have, long long ago, in a galaxy far away). But I've noticed in the past few days that I'm not just a zombie-bot anymore, but I'm starting to get that range of emotions back, and I'm very glad. 

Anyway, I've got to work on some more homework, then I need to get myself to bed so I'll be ready for class this evening. Until next time...watch out for bears!

1 comment: